When you’re running a restaurant, guest house, or any commercial facility, you may have been advised to conduct a “deep clean” every few months to maintain sanitary conditions. Even if you don’t own any establishments, your home could also use a deep clean every once in a while – it’s a great way to ensure it is always safe for a living – and of course, it’s always nice to have a home that’s spic and span.
So, what exactly is the difference between the usual weekly cleaning and deep cleaning? Keep reading to find out more.
As the name suggests, this is the normal everyday cleaning you or a professional will undertake. Most people do this on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis depending on the establishment and how often it is used.
This type of cleaning can be done in few hours, requires little equipment and products, and the experience of a well-seasoned cleaner is not required. However, due to how busy our lives tend to be during the week, trying to find time to take care of these menial chores can be stressful. As a result, many of us hire cleaners on a weekly basis to handle this type of cleaning.
Regular cleaning is necessary for the daily activities of running a business or at home. A clean and fresh-smelling environment is safe for everyone indoors and will boost their productivity and mood.
Regular cleaning activities include:
- Sweeping and mopping the floors
- Dusting all furniture and tabletops
- Making sure the bathroom is clean and stocked
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Vacuuming if necessary
Pros & Cons Of Regular Cleaning
- Makes sure your home or other establishments are clean and inviting to enter
- Will safeguard against most germs and bacteria building up in commonly used places
- Easy to do and can be done within a couple of hours (usually) every two weeks
- If you’re running a business, your staff will know that you are looking out for the health, which can improve productivity
- Requires constant work every month that you may not be able to do on your own. You would need to spend on a cleaning company in that case.
- This won’t safeguard against all potential health hazards as there are places (i.e places that are out of reach) that could accumulate bad bacteria
- If the company you hired did not do their job well, the establishment could become hazardous without you realizing it until it gets too late.
Deep cleaning, on the other hand, involves using specialized equipment and products to really get into all the places that have accumulated dirt and grime over the months and scrubbing them clean. This usually requires a lot more manpower, time, and effort.
Typically, deep cleaning is done only once or twice a year. People hire professional companies to do this cleaning because they have all the relevant equipment to make the job easier. Imagine using a scrub and soapy water to remove grit from between the tiles when a professional pressure washer can be used instead.
You either need to buy all the equipment and cleaning products beforehand and devote time and manpower to finish the job or hire a professional. Most people tend to go with the easier option that will save them both money and time in the long term.
Deep cleaning activities include:
- Cleaning, dusting, or washing all furniture
- Cleaning behind appliances such as washing machines, microwaves, and fridges
- Deep cleaning between tiles to remove grout
- Cleaning all the windows on all floors
- Deep cleaning the bathrooms leaving them spotless
- These don’t need to be done regularly so just one or two weekends for the whole year should be sufficient. You won’t have to move out for a few days or halt work for this purpose.
- It will ensure that all areas you hadn’t considered are cleaned and safe
- All the common appliances like the fridge and microwave will be deep cleaned which is crucial
- Since this requires specialized equipment and products, it will be difficult for you to do the cleaning on your own. You will need to hire a cleaning company.
- Costs more than regular cleaning so make sure you can afford it before taking on any cleaning services.
Whether it’s regular cleaning or deep cleaning that has you stressed, why not save yourself the hassle and call in a professional? We have a team of cleaning experts on hand to assist you with all your cleaning needs, no matter how often they are required.